web stats

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

This man had no idea about city life

The baby monkey. I wish I could take him along.
Source: Sanjida Jui
The baby monkey. I wish I could take him along.
“Do you want to take it?” Susanta, the owner of the monkey, asked me. “It’s very gentle. A good pet.”
I shook my head and sighed. This man had no idea about city life. Apartments do not offer the luxury of keeping a pet.
Lakhkhichhara forest was just across the river standing in its hermit-like silence. I looked at it for a long time, taking in its majestic beauty. A forest has two kinds of beauty — the outer layer and the inner soul.
The outer layer gives it the form. The attraction. But once you enter, you will not find that any more. The inner soul will take over. The inner soul is much more intimate, much more critical and microscopic. The ants, the cicadas, the rotting stumps, the bulbs and the petals, the strange leaves and formations and the smell. It’s not a singular experience ever.
The deep green of the outer layer had a mesmerizing effect on me. I felt like a primitive man from the ancient time who needs to explore the inner wealth of the forest. I could feel a wave like static electricity passing through me. I felt restless to face its diversity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WEATHER


web stats

online


counters

Sample text