web stats

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The valley looked unreal. Ephemeral

Inam Ahmed
Source: Inam Ahmed
The valley looked unreal. Ephemeral. Existence seemed illusory . Here only loneliness prevailed. Even the crickets could not beat that feeling. I kept losing myself. I did not know where I was. In Asia, Europe, North America or some other place.
I tried to think about the people living here. I could see in the distance the other cabin. The woman of the house walking on the perch, topless. Her husband standing and smoking the Hukka. She glanced at me and went back to doing what she was doing.
Her existence made the feeling of loneliness even more oppressive. The barrenness of the valley, contrasting with the deep forest made me depressed.
tried to think of Henry David Thoreau. His Walden.Why should I feel lonely Is not our planet in the Milky Way What sort of space is that which separates a man from his fellows and makes him solitary could see the spacemm I could feel the distance. I only looked for the stars but did not find a single one in the Milky Way.
I shivered as the breeze turned cool. Just then I saw two big birds  two great eared nightjarsoming my way in their graceful movement. They looked like two ballerinas dancing in the sky.
With the beating of their wings, the darkness whirled in murkiness. They circled above me and vanished over the hillk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WEATHER


web stats

online


counters

Sample text